Tim Ross is a consulting health actuary with 25 years of group insurance, managed care, and health actuarial experience. Experience prior to forming Ross Health Actuarial includes:
1990-2000 - Deloitte & Touche
Senior Manager and health actuary.
1981-1990 - Prudential Insurance
Breadth and depth of experience applied to your decision.
The scope of practice includes the following areas:
· Premium rate development and certifications.
· Claim data analysis and data mining.
· Evaluation and certification of IBNR claim reserves.
· Capitation rate development and evaluation of risk-sharing arrangements between providers/health plans.
· Stop-loss insurance pricing and analysis of high claims.
· Monte Carlo simulation and risk modeling for decision support for aggregate/specific stop-loss purchasing.
· Cost projections, data analysis, and rate manual development for dental plans and DHMO's.
· Medicaid managed care waiver program development, rate setting, and related matters.
· Statistical sampling for health care organization compliance programs and litigation support.
2008 - Fellow, Society of Actuaries
1990 - Member, American Academy of Actuaries
1990 - Associate, Society of Actuaries
1983 - Fellow, Life Mgmt Institute
1979 - BA, Carleton College, Biology